Sunday, March 30, 2008

Shameless Self Promotion: Gift Registries

Monday morning, 8:16 am. First cup of coffee, still checking email. Maybe IMDB.com for celebrity gossip (we all have our guilty pleasures).

Coworker #1: Have a good weekend, Curtis?

Me: Yeah, it was nice. I went to Atlanta and Chattanooga to register for baby stuff. It was pretty much exactly what I wanted to do to recharge after a long week.

Coworker #1: Really? Gosh, I thought you hated that kind of stuff...

Me: Nah! I know I put out this macho vibe but it's all an act. When it comes to shopping, it's pretty much my favorite thing to do. Some people like to play video games, crap like that. I love shopping. Though, I had no idea that looking at things for the baby could be so much fun. Wait till I show you the kick a** bedding we picked out at Pottery Barn for He Who Must Must Be Named. He's going to love it!

Coworker #2: Are you serious, man? That sounds worse than filling out TPS Reports.

Me: Let me tell you, it is a thrill registering for all these gifts. The whole store is your playground and you can register for whatever you want. Sure, it's sometimes hard to decide if you want the sports themed crib sheets verses the Winnie the Pooh sheets but you've just got to stay focused. I packed several Powerades so that I would not get dehydrated. The Cliffbars really helped too. It's a marathon, not a sprint.
__

I dragged Kristina and my mom, who was in town visiting, on trips to Target, Pottery Barn Kids and Babies R Us this weekend. They didn't really want to go but I made them. "We've got to get this stuff done," I said. We powered through it, but not without lots of whining and complaining. So we now have gift registries established should anyone feel like sending a gift. Now, it feels weird writing that, almost like I'm fishing for gifts. That is certainly not the case, believe me. I guess it is just one of those expected acts of our society these days. Kris wanted to register for DVDs and PlayStation 3 games but I told her that would be a little tacky. Good grief.

We're picking out paint colors for the nursery this week. I can hardly wait!

Pottery Barn Kids Id - 2119547

Our Target registry

Our Babies R Us registry
Id - 41037244

4 comments:

Shane Eubanks said...

Wow......your family really needs to take this stuff seriously.....I mean, having a baby is kind of a big deal.

They could have at least carb'd up...with like...fettuccine alfredo or something.

geez...

Rachel said...

So glad to see you registerd for an assortment of Boppy colors...What would the other families think if you only had ONE and had to keep washing it. By the way, I couldn't really tell what theme you went with other than GREEN for the nursery...Did I miss something? Big suprise on the RED diaper bag...Kristina probably already bought it for herself. I call dibs on buying you the $10 Target Gift Card...Nice touch.

Curtis said...

We also accept Visa and Mastercard, Rachel.

The Roaming Southerner said...

You are crazy and you always have been. Halfway through reading that post, I shook my head and thought, "Man, Kristina is a saint to put up with you."

And seriously, you and shopping are always cash money

Contributors