Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter and other items

First off, I hope that everyone had a great Easter. The weather was beautiful in Columbia and Greenville, where we were this past weekend. We had a great time with the Browns and it was great to worship the risen Lord at Shandon with the Joneses. Here is what we looked like two days ago. Notice the baby bump on My Baby's Momma:

Other items:
  • No names yet. But, in the mean time, Baby Callaway will be referred to as "He Who Must Be Named." It is much more fun than calling him Baby Callaway, I think. If you have any name suggestions, real or fake, please post them in the Comments section. We'd love to hear your real or fake names for our child. Just remember that we reserve the right to use or shoot down all names and will eventually go with whatever we want to call him, even if it is Kramer Moonbeam Callaway.
  • Some amazing news was delivered over on Keepin' Up with the Joneses, the blog of our dear friends Rachel and Doug. They are newly pregnant and we are very excited to have a couple to experience this time with. We were lucky enough to learn in person this weekend. I'm pulling for a girl so that He Who Must Be Named can hit on her pretty hard.
  • We held our annual live and in person fantasy baseball draft over the weekend in Greenville. A bunch of my buddies are in the league so it was great to see Bogle and Baggett this weekend. Oh wait, Baggett wasn't there because he couldn't drive the 45 minute drive from Greenwood to draft in person and had to phone it in. Way to go man. I managed to drive from Dalton but you couldn't make it from Greenwood. I hate it that you weren't there, man.
  • Lastly, Kris was watching Emeril tonight and I don't understand why everyone cheers when he puts garlic in the dish. If anyone can rationally explain this, I would love to know. I just think that his audience is deranged.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

How 'bout Dale? Or something more refined like Haberdashery? Anyway- have you never tasted garlic? It's like nectar from the gods! I find myself cheering simply passing it in the grocery store and I definitely have a song to the tune of "Puttin on the Ritz" that I sing when I am sprinkling it myself. I think you're the deranged one!

Anonymous said...

I think Cooley is a great name! Cooley Callaway, yep that is my vote. Who knows why they clap... probably the same reason people do the wave at games. They get caught up in the group mentality. Or the applause signs made them do it.

Anonymous said...

I think Oscar Stanley Creed Callaway is a strong name.

Anonymous said...

Baggett here... somebody's going to have to teach me how to do this.

As for drafting by phone, I had no choice... I had to save my gas money to pay Homer Bailey's salary.

Anonymous said...

...trying to read the Bible through in 2008 (my 2nd attempt) and as a result of my studies have come up with baby name suggestions:

Aden
Cephas
Nahum

You don't have to thank me...your face says it all.

Contributors