Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Happy 30th Birthday, Doug!

This is my buddy, Doug. Wednesday is his 30th birthday. As a way to wish him happy birthday, I thought I'd tell you a little about him and immortalize it on the internet.

I could send Doug a card but he would view that as a lame gift. Let's give Hallmark 5 bucks for a card as we think to ourselves, "Yeah, that sounds like something that I'd say. I'll just add my name here at the bottom." Doug is above all that. In fact, I could send him a $100 Best Buy gift card and he'd probably return it to me. He's not interested in material things like that.

If Doug had his choice, he'll start his birthday evening at a fancy restaurant, probably one of those with a sommelier and valet parking. After dinner, he would definitely take his wife Rachel out dancing. The tango, the shag, the robot, the lambada. It doesn't matter. Doug has all of those moves in his bag. After that, they'd probably go out for a night cap, probably at some karaoke bar. Doug loves to sing, particularly anything by Enrique Iglesias. On the way home, they would definitely hit that awesome grilled cheese place over in Sandhills and call it a night.

So happy birthday, Doug. I hope that your dream birthday comes true on Wednesday. I'll give you a call after my BINGO match is over at the Knights of Columbus.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Curtis,

Only a true friend could possibly know Doug so well! It was so very thoughtful of you to share this info with the world.

How funny!!!

Mom Jones

Anonymous said...

...you did not mention how Doug (Dougee Fresh) also likes to look as if he truly belongs to the "hood"...for his homies...even if it is The Highlands hood...so we bought him baggy jeans and a XXXLLL football jersey with the number 30 on the back for his birthday!

MIL (Mother In Law)

Melissa said...

This is Doug's sister... Rachel directed the world to your blog to view this entry. :-) You hit the nail on the head, sounds just like him. I've seen his dance moves and all I can say is WOW... Carlton look out, there's a new king of dance.

Curtis said...

thanks for stopping by, Melissa and Mrs. Jones. You're welcome anytime!

The Roaming Southerner said...

Nice Jim Gaffigan quote...btw

Contributors